Parents are always concerned about the Child’s health and especially the oral health of the children as the eating habits of kids includes intake of sugary snacks, junk foods, etc. This leads to bacteria formation on teeth that direct to cavity occurrence. The cavity occurs as the acidic substances and bacteria start destroying the teeth protective layer. Further, it results into discoloration and pain in the tooth. Moreover, sometimes it leads to the dental filing by the Overland Park dentists pediatric. For this, a pediatric dentist states some dos and dont’s to the parents that can help in saving the teeth of their kids in the long run.
Things to Avoid for Reducing Cavity
Most of the kids may face the problem of the cavity due to unhealthy eating habits that can cause a big deal to their oral healthcare. In this situation, the advice from the Overland Park dentists pediatric will help in saving the children’s teeth. The following is some of the “Dont’s” that children need to abide.
- Do not give a milk bottle to children before going to bed
- Tell Children to brush and floss their teeth
- Do not give any kind of snack before they go to bed
- Do not skip the habit of daily brushing at least twice a day
- Do not forget to take the children to the pediatric dentist after every six months
- Avoid giving candy to the child on regularly
- Put the restriction on sugary drinks to snacks or somewhere around meal time
Inculcate Following Habits in Kids
While the dentists say no to above things to keep the teeth of children healthy, so here are some of the habits that will help the children until they grow up and will benefit them in near future. Some of the essential to Do things advised by the Overland Park dentists pediatric are:
- The importance of brushing in the morning and before going to bed is necessary for kids to avoid any kind of bacteria attack on their teeth.
- Avoid any kind of sipping behavior in the child from the juice box or sugar drinks’ bottle as this can harm the teeth.
- As soon as the children’s teeth begin to grow as advised by the pediatric dentist they should go ahead with Flossing.
- For dental cleaning and removal of children’s gums, the parents should see a doctor after every six months during a year.
- Make a nutritious diet plan for your kids so that they can get iron and minerals required for oral healthcare. The parents should limit the candies, bars, chocolates and kind of sweet drinks in order to save the teeth.
- Use a fluoride-free toothpaste as most of the children may swallow some content of toothpaste so it is advised to keep a watch on children while they brush their teeth.
Lastly, with the advice from the experienced Pediatric dentist, the parents can save any kind of oral healthcare problem occurring among their kids.